The rules & processes are changing every year so please refer to Department of Technical Education website for latest information. http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in and https://fe2019.mahacet.org/staticpages/homepage.aspx# This blog is based on the admission process for 2019.
The merit list for the NRI /OCI / PIO and Foreign Students Candidates stated shall be prepared on the basis of the percentage of marks in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics added together at Qualifying examination:
These students are not eligible to appear and apply through Maharashtra Common Entrance Test( MH-CET).
Fifteen percent (15%) seats in the institution shall be allowed on supernumerary basis from amongst Overseas Citizens of India (OCI)/Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Foreign Nationals (FN)/ Children of Non Resident Indians (NRI) and Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries (CIWGC) over and above of the approved intake of each discipline as sanctioned by DTE, Government of Maharashtra from time to time.
The 1/3rd of the 15% sanctioned seats are reserved for CIWGC ( Gulf) in each discipline and remaining 2/3rd of the 15% seats are reserved for OCI/PIO/FN/NRI, out of which 5% of sanctioned intake are reserved for NRI category.
The admissions to the first year of under graduate courses in Engineering and Technology for CIWGC and OCI/PIO/FN/NRI candidates will be conducted by direct counseling round only.
Candidates whose name appears in the confirmation list, declared by the Common Entrance Test (CET) Cell Maharashtra State, Mumbai / Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Maharashtra State for Admission to First Year of Under Graduate Technical Courses in Engineering and Technology for CIWGC and OCI/PIO/FN/NRI, are only eligible to appear for admission process by counseling to First Year of Under Graduate Technical Courses in Engineering and Technology under CIWGC and OCI/PIO/FN/NRI category.
As per the latest portal query on the DTE website, the following engineering colleges in Maharashtra offer admission to PIO/OCI students. Typically, these colleges have 15% quota for PIO/OCI/NRI and Gulf students
- Gramodyogik Shikshan Mandal’s Marathwada Institute of Technology, Aurangabad
- K.J.Somaiya College of Engineering, Vidyavihar, Mumbai
- Anjuman-I-Islam’s M.H. Saboo Siddik College of Engineering, Byculla, Mumbai
- 2 Mahatma Education Society’s Pillai College of Engineering, New Panvel
- Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering and Management, Nagpur
- Ankush Shikshan Sanstha’s G.H.Raisoni College of Engineering, Nagpur
- Vidarbha Bahu-Uddeshiya Shikshan Sanstha’s Tulshiramji Gaikwad Patil College of Engineering & Technology, Nagpur
- Vishwabharati Academy’s College of Engineering, Ahmednagar
- College of Engineering, Pune
- Walchand College of Engineering, Sangli
- Progressive Education Society’s Modern College of Engineering, Pune
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Kothrud, Pune
- Pimpri Chinchwad Education Trust, Pimpri Chinchwad College of Engineering, Pune
- Sinhgad College of Engineering, Vadgaon (BK), Pune
- Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidya Pratishthan Society Dr .D. Y. Patil Institute of Engineering & Technology, Pimpri,Pune
- K. E. Society’s Rajarambapu Institute of Technology, Walwa, Sangli
- Pune Institute of Computer Technology, Dhankavdi, Pune
- B.R.A.C.T’s Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology, Kondhwa (Bk.), Pune