Last Updated : 10th Oct, 2018
Indian Institute of Technology ( IIT)
The admission process is very straight forward.
- A student needs to get selected in the JEE (Main) and needs to get a rank in the JEE (Advanced).
- There is no separate quota for the PIO/OCI students. They are treated at par with the rest of Indian citizen students.
- The fees for PIO/OCI students is the same as being charged to the students who are citizens of India.
- There is no separate counselling session for the PIO/OCI students except a copy of PIO/OCI card needs to be submitted at the time of admission.
- Adhar card is mandatory for all PIO/OCI students.
Birla Institute of Technology, Pilani ( BITS)
There are two ways to get into BITS
- BITSTAT : BITS’s own exam which is open for everyone including PIO/OCI and Foreign Nationals. The fees through this channel will be the same for all students. ( roughly INR 2,00,000)
- Foreigner’s Quota : Student needs to give subject SAT exams in Maths, Physics and Chemistry. The SAT exams are conducted all over India 4-5 times a year by the College Board in USA.
- The fees for 2018-19 was around 1.1L as one time fee and 4.25L as per semester fees
- The admission through this quota is available at Pilani, Goa and Hydrabad Campus
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Hydrabad
Two ways to get Admission into IIIT, Hydrabad.
- JEE Main: After the results of the “JEE Main” are declared, a student needs to apply to IIIT, Hydrabad through their own portal. Please note that the admission to IITH via JEE main is neither through “Joint Seat Allocation Authority” nor through DASA. The fees through this channel will be the same for all students. ( roughly INR 2,00,000)
- DASA : Student needs to give subject SAT exams in Maths II, Physics and Chemistry. The minimum marks in the all combined ( Physics, Chemistry and Maths II) should be more than 2000. The main SAT scores are used to break ties.The tuition fees via this channel of admission is $12,000 ( US Dollars)
National Institute of Technology ( NIT)
Admission to NIT, IIIT and some of the institutes like Delhi Institute of Technology ( previously known as Delhi College of Engineering) for PIO/OCT students is governed by the DASA program ( Direct Admission of Student Abroad) by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. A Student needs to give subject SAT exams in Maths II, Physics and Chemistry. The SAT exams are conducted all over India 4-5 times a year by the College Board in USA.
The tuition fees are around US $8000, excluding Hostel.
Indian Institute of Science (IIsc) and Indian Institute of Science Education and Research ( IISer)
There is no separate admission process. The fees for all students is the same. They have to get selected via various channels of admission into these institutes.
The various channels are
IISc Admission : 4 Ways to get the admission
You have 3 Channels to get admission
State and Central Boards Channel (SCB) channel