Last Updated : July, 2019
Indian Institute of Technology ( IIT)
The admission process is very straight forward.
- A student needs to get selected in the JEE (Main) and needs to get a rank in the JEE (Advanced).
- There is no separate quota for the PIO/OCI students. They are treated at par with the rest of Indian citizen students.
- The fees for PIO/OCI students is the same as being charged to the students who are citizens of India.
- There is no separate counselling session for the PIO/OCI students except a copy of PIO/OCI card needs to be submitted at the time of admission.
- Adhar card is mandatory for all PIO/OCI students.
- Candidates who are NOT citizens of India (by birth or naturalized), do not belong to PIO/OCI category, and whose parents are not citizens of India and do not come under PIO/OCI category at the time of registering for JEE (Advanced) 2019 are treated as foreign nationals. Seats allotted to foreign nationals are supernumerary with a cap of 10% of total number of seats in every course. However, the seats allotted to PIO/OCI card holders will be under OPEN category, but not supernumerary.
Birla Institute of Technology, Pilani ( BITS)
Candidate should have passed qualifying examination (Grade 12) with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics with adequate proficiency in English conducted by the country’s Board of Higher/ Senior Secondary Education, including those in India, or its equivalent examination such as the “A” levels (conducted by Cambridge International), the International Baccalaureate, etc.
* Candidate should have obtained a minimum of 75% aggregate marks (or 7.5 grade on 10-point scale), in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in the above examination.
* Candidate should have scored at least 60% marks (or 6.0 grade on 10-point scale) in each of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in the above examination.
* Candidate should have a minimum aggregate score of 1160 (out of maximum of 1600) in SAT (new format) and also a minimum aggregate score of 1600 (out of maximum of 2400) in SAT Subject Tests in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics Level . The SAT exams are conducted all over India 4-5 times a year by the College Board in USA.
More information at http://sites.bits-hyderabad.ac.in/internationalstuadm/eligibility.php
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Hydrabad
Two ways to get Admission into IIIT, Hydrabad.
- JEE Main: After the results of the “JEE Main” are declared, a student needs to apply to IIIT, Hydrabad through their own portal. Please note that the admission to IITH via JEE main is neither through “Joint Seat Allocation Authority” nor through DASA. The fees through this channel will be the same for all students. ( roughly INR 2,00,000)
- DASA : Student needs to give subject SAT exams in Maths II, Physics and Chemistry. The minimum marks in the all combined ( Physics, Chemistry and Maths II) should be more than 2000. The main SAT scores are used to break ties.The tuition fees via this channel of admission is $12,000 ( US Dollars)
National Institute of Technology ( NIT)
Admission to NIT, IIIT and some of the institutes like Delhi Institute of Technology ( previously known as Delhi College of Engineering) for PIO/OCT students is governed by the DASA program ( Direct Admission of Student Abroad) by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
A Student needs to give subject SAT exams in Maths II, Physics and Chemistry. Applicant should have a minimum total valid score of 1800 in SAT Subject Tests (Subjects: Mathematics Level 2, Physics and Chemistry)
The SAT exams are conducted all over India 4-5 times a year by the College Board in USA.
The tuition fees are around US $8000, excluding Hostel.
Indian Institute of Science (IIsc) and Indian Institute of Science Education and Research ( IISer)
There is no separate admission process. The fees for all students is the same. The amdission is based on the merit list of one of the following national examinations:
- IIT-JEE- Advanced