The rules & processes are changing every year so please refer to Department of Technical Education website for latest information. ((http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/). This blog is based on the admission process for 2016.
The admission is given on 12th class marks in Physics, Chemistry and Maths. The students are not eligible to appear and apply through Maharashtra Common Entrance Test( MH-CET).
The admission process is online and handled by DTE. Once you apply through online portal, the document verification needs to be done at College of Engineering, Pune.
After the DTE publishes merit list, student needs to apply to the individual institutions. Please note that there was no centralized counselling for admissions in 2016. The admission process for 2016 was chaotic and students/parent were very confused. I hope DTE will avoid confusion in admission process for 2017 admissions.
The fees via PIO/OCI students is US$7000 per year.
As per the latest portal query on the DTE website, the following engineering colleges in Maharashtra offer admission to PIO/OCI students. Typically, these colleges have 15% quota for PIO/OCI/NRI and Gulf students
- Gramodyogik Shikshan Mandal’s Marathwada Institute of Technology, Aurangabad
- K.J.Somaiya College of Engineering, Vidyavihar, Mumbai
- Anjuman-I-Islam’s M.H. Saboo Siddik College of Engineering, Byculla, Mumbai
- 2 Mahatma Education Society’s Pillai College of Engineering, New Panvel
- Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering and Management, Nagpur
- Ankush Shikshan Sanstha’s G.H.Raisoni College of Engineering, Nagpur
- Vidarbha Bahu-Uddeshiya Shikshan Sanstha’s Tulshiramji Gaikwad Patil College of Engineering & Technology, Nagpur
- Vishwabharati Academy’s College of Engineering, Ahmednagar
- College of Engineering, Pune
- Walchand College of Engineering, Sangli
- Progressive Education Society’s Modern College of Engineering, Pune
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Kothrud, Pune
- Pimpri Chinchwad Education Trust, Pimpri Chinchwad College of Engineering, Pune
- Sinhgad College of Engineering, Vadgaon (BK), Pune
- Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidya Pratishthan Society Dr .D. Y. Patil Institute of Engineering & Technology, Pimpri,Pune
- K. E. Society’s Rajarambapu Institute of Technology, Walwa, Sangli
- Pune Institute of Computer Technology, Dhankavdi, Pune
- B.R.A.C.T’s Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology, Kondhwa (Bk.), Pune